Organic Success Program
Thinking of transitioning to organic farming and don’t know where to start?
We can help!
COG is launching a new Organic Success Program. This pilot program is designed to walk Ontario farmers through the transition to organic production. Farmer-participants will be able to go through a mock inspection on their own farm and receive follow-up coaching. In addition, workshops on subjects like record keeping and interpreting the organic standards will be held. We will also focus on tailoring the program to the needs and interests of the participants.
Participants can look forward to the following activities:
- Mock farm inspections;
- Personalized on-site coaching;
- Workshops and webinars;
- Educational resources for transitioning farms;
- Farm tours and on-farm learning opportunities;
- Support for marketing, operations planning and record-keeping;
- Mentoring by successful organic producers;
- A bursary to help offset some of the certification costs.
Activities will be led by experienced organic inspectors and successful organic farmers. The program is open to all levels of experience and types of producers. Due to funding restrictions, participation in the full Organic Success Program is limited to Ontario farmers.
Funding for this project was generously provided by: