Welcome to the COG Lending Library!
The COG lending library contains over 1500 titles on organic agriculture and related topics, in books, video and audio tapes, DVDs, articles and periodicals. The resources of the lending library of Canadian Organic Growers are available to the Canadian public. Items may be borrowed by mail free of charge.
The resources are organized into the following categories: Agriculture, Bees, Biodynamics, Botany, Conservation, Crops, Economics, Energy, Farming, Forestry, Fruit, Gardening, Greenhouse, Health, Herbs, Livestock, Market Gardening, Marketing, Permaculture, Pest Management, Seeds, Soil, Sustainability, Vegetables, and Weeds.
Click the "Access Online Library" link below to see the catalog. Requests may be made by email, fax or mail (not by phone, since the library is run part-time by volunteers). First-time borrowers can now register online by creating an account.
Have any suggestion for a book you would like to see in the library? Let us know at email@example.com
Have a farming or gardening book or DVD you no longer need, consider donating it so others can enjoy it. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's new in the COG Library
|By Julia Shanks & Brett Grohsgal||By Ross Mars||By Lindsey Schiller||
By Mark Shepard
New Arrivals for 2016 :
- The Organic Seed Grower by John Navazio
- Sustainable Market Farming: Intensive Vegetable Production on a Few Acres by Pam Dawling
- Fields of Farmers: Interning, Mentoring, Partnerning, Germinating by Joel Salatin
- Organic No-Till Farming by Jeff Moyer
- Street Farm: Growing Food, Jobs and Hope on the Urban Frontier by Michael Ableman
- DVD - The Market Gardener’s Toolkit featuring Jean-Martin Fortier
- DVD - Le Kit du Jardinier Maraîcher avec Jean-Martin Fortier
- The Organic Farmer’s Business Handbook by Richard Wiswall
- Restoration Agriculture: Real World Permaculture for Farmers by Mark Shepard
- Farmers Market Cookbook by Julia Shanks and Brett Grohsgal
- Organic Management for the Professional: The Natural Way for Landscape Architects and Contractors, Commercial Growers, Golf Course Managers, Park Administrators, Turf Managers, and Other Stewards of the Land by Howard Garrett et al.
- The One-Straw Revolutionary:The Philosophy and Work of Masanobu Fukuoka by Larry Korn
- Mycelial Mayhem by David and Kristin Sewak
- Soil Sisters: A Toolkit for Women Farmers byLisa Kivirist
- Farrow to Finish: Pigs on Your Organic Farm by Samantha Klinck
- The Permaculture Transition Manual by Ross Mars
- The Independent Farmstead by Shawn and Beth Dougherty
- The Scything Handbook by Ian Miller
- Making Hay: How to Cut, Dry, Rake, Gather, and Store a Nourishing Crop by Ann Larkin Hansen
- How to Grow More Vegetables by John Jeavons
- The Lean Farm by Ben Hartman (we now have several copies of this popular book!)
- Terra Preta: How the World's Most Fertile Soil Can Help Reverse Climate Change and Reduce World Hunger by Ute Scheure et al
- The Art and Science of Grazing by Sarah Flack
- Market Farming Success by Lynn Byczynski
- Earth User's Guide to Permaculture by Rosemary Morrow
- The Farmer's Office by Julia Shanks
- The Permaculture Market Garden by Zach Loeks
- The Greenhouse and Hoophouse Grower's Handbook by Andrew Mefferd
- Organic Whole Farm Planning Workshop by Margaret Frericks Huelsman
410 - 100 Gloucester St. | Ottawa, ON K2P 0A4 | Phone: (888) 375-7383 | Fax: (613) 236-0743 | email@example.com