Welcome to the COG Lending Library!
The COG lending library contains over 1300 titles on organic agriculture and related topics, in books, and audio tapes, DVDs, articles and periodicals. The resources of the lending library of Canadian Organic Growers are available to the Canadian public. Items may be borrowed by mail free of charge.
La bibliothèque contient plus de 1,300 titres au sujet de l’agriculture biologique et de sujets liés. Ces ressources sont disponibles au publique canadien par la poste sans frais.
The resources are organized into the following categories: Agriculture, Bees, Biodynamics, Botany, Conservation, Crops, Economics, Energy, Farming, Forestry, Fruit, Gardening, Greenhouse, Health, Herbs, Livestock, Market Gardening, Marketing, Permaculture, Pest Management, Seeds, Soil, Sustainability, Vegetables, and Weeds.
Click the "Access Online Library" link below to see the catalog. Requests may be made by email, fax or mail (not by phone, since the library is run part-time by volunteers). First-time borrowers can now register online by creating an account.
Have any suggestion for a book you would like to see in the library? Let us know at email@example.com
Have a farming or gardening book or DVD you no longer need, consider donating it so others can enjoy it. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's new in the COG Library
|By Christy Hemenway||By Lisa Steele||By Joel Salatin||
By Allan Savory with Judy Butterfield
New Arrivals for Summer 2017:
- Holistic Management (Third edition) by Allan Savory
- In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan
- The Food Forest Handbook by Darrell Frey and Michelle Czolba
- Building Natural Ponds by Robert Pavlis
- Mycorrhizal Planet: How Symbiotic Fungi Work with Roots to Support Plant Health and Build Soil Fertility by Michael Phillips
- Letters to a Young Farmer: On Food, Farming, and our Future by the Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture
- DVD - Meeting Place Organic Film by Rebecca Garrett and the McQuail Family
- 101 Organic Gardening Hacks by Shawna Coronado
- Compact Farms: 15 Proven Plans for Market Farms on 5 Acres or Less by Josh Volk
- Teaming with Fungi by Jeff Lowenfels
- The Scything Handbook by Ian Miller
New Arrivals for Fall 2017:
- Homegrown and Homemade: A Practical Guide to more Self-Reliant Living by Deborah Niemann
- Worms at Work (Vermiculture and Vermicomposting) by Crystal Stevens
- Advanced Top Bar Beekeeping: Next Steps for the Thinking Beekeeper by Christy Hemenway
- Permaculture Handbook: Garden Farming for Town and Country by Peter Bane
- Replaced our lost copy of The Intelligent Gardener: Growing Nutrient-Dense Food by Steve Solomon
- The Salad Garden by Joy Larkcom
- Targeted Grazing: A Natural Approach to Vegetation Management and Landscape Enhancement by Ron Daines
- Your Successful Farm Business: Production, Profit, Pleasure by Joel Salatin
- Gardening with Chickens: Plans and Plants for You and Your Hens by Lisa Steele
- DVD – Gracie’s Backyard(permaculture farm in northern Sweden)
410 - 100 Gloucester St. | Ottawa, ON K2P 0A4 | Phone: (888) 375-7383 | Fax: (613) 236-0743 | email@example.com